Each year members Region 6 nominates exemplary individuals for numerous awards ACSA sponsors. These awards recognize individuals and bring distinction to the individual’s school/district. For more information, visit state ACSA’s About Us page and click on the Awards Program tab.
The 2020 ACSA Award Program is open for nominations. Nomination forms are available on the ACSA Awards Platform. Watch a short demo of the new online platform to find out how you can nominate your colleagues, or read frequently asked questions.
All Charter winners will be recognized at the Leadership Summit Awards Dinner on June 11, 2020. They do not have to be ACSA members; however, Region winners must be ACSA members.
Complete Nomination Packets must be submitted by January 16, 2020 to be considered for Region 6 and State recognition.
- Ferd. Kiesel Distinguished Service Award
- Marcus Foster Memorial Award
- Robert E. Kelly Retiree Award
- Administrators of the Year – nominees are honored in job-alike categories
- Valuing Diversity Award – member whose work in promoting diversity epitomizes ACSA’s mission
- Partners in Educational Excellence – programs and businesses that collaborate to support education
One letter of recommendation must be included with nomination
|Nominations for 2020 program open||August 1, 2019|
|Training at the region level||August 3, 2019|
|Work with Charter President on your Charter’s nomination process. Each charter determines its charter winners submitted to Region 6. Charter winners become Region nominees. Charter Presidents must be notified of all nominations.
Contact Pam Hughes, Vice President/Programs and Awards Committee Chair with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominator must send a photo of the nominee (in JPEG format and nominee’s name as file name) to Pam Hughes.
Charter Presidents should submit a list of their charter winners and nominees to Pam Hughes by January 16, 2020. Note: Online platform closes on this date.
|August 1, 2019 – January 16, 2020|
|Region 6 Nomination Committee meets to review nominations of Charter winners and select Region winners||January 28, 2020|
|ACSA State deadline for Region nominations. Region winners become finalists for State Awards.||February 6, 2020|
|ACSA Region 6 Awards Dinner
All Region 6 nominees and winners will be honored.
Casa Real at Ruby Hills Winery
410 Vineyard Ave., Pleasanton, CA
|June 11, 2020|
Congratulations to the 2019 Region 6 Administrators of the Year!
- Superintendent, Patrick Sanchez, Newark USD
- Secondary Principal, Ronald Richardson, San Leandro USD
- Middle Grades Principal, William McGee, West Contra Costa USD
- Elementary Principal, Tara Aderman, Livermore Valley JUSD
- Central Office Administrator, Carol Loflin, San Ramon Valley USD
- Secondary Co-Administrator, Lauren Griggs, Brentwood ESD
- Elementary Co-Administrator, Diana Masuzumi, Oakley ESD
- Classified Leader, Steve Bateman, Contra Costa COE
- Confidential Employee, Jennifer Arias, Livermore Valley JUSD
- Human Resources Administrator, Roxanne Jablonski-Liu, Brentwood ESD
- Special Education Administrator, Karen Heilbronner, Acalanes UHSD
- Business Services Administrator, Robin Schmitt, Brentwood ESD
- Pupil Personnel Administrator, Tony Shah, Liberty UHSD
- Curriculum & Instruction Administrator, Nicholas Zefeldt, Contra Costa COE
- Continuation/Ed Options Administrator, Lori O’Connor, Martinez USD
- Retired Administrator, Susan Kahn, West Contra Costa USD
- Technology Administrator, Lawrence Simon, Newark USD
- Valuing Diversity Award, Patrinia Redd, Castro Valley USD
- Partners in Educational Excellence Award, Union City Family Center