Each year members Region 6 nominates exemplary individuals for numerous awards ACSA sponsors. These awards recognize individuals and bring distinction to the individual’s school/district. For more information, visit state ACSA’s About Us page and click on the Awards Program tab.
The 2019 ACSA Award Program is open for nominations. Nomination forms are available on the ACSA Awards Platform. Watch a short demo of the new online platform to find out how you can nominate your colleagues, or read frequently asked questions.
All nominees will be recognized at the Leadership Summit Awards Dinner on June 20, 2019. Nominees do not have to be ACSA members; however, Region winners must be ACSA members.
Complete Nomination Packets must be submitted by January 17, 2019 to be considered for Region 6 and State recognition.
- Ferd. Kiesel Distinguished Service Award
- Marcus Foster Memorial Award
- Robert E. Kelly Retiree Award
- Administrators of the Year – nominees are honored in job-alike categories
- Valuing Diversity Award – member whose work in promoting diversity epitomizes ACSA’s mission
- Partners in Educational Excellence – programs and businesses that collaborate to support education
New this year: One letter of recommendation must be included with nomination
|Nominations for 2018 program open||August 1, 2018|
|Training at the region level||August 4, 2018|
|Submit completed nomination forms online. Contact Cindy Matteoni, Vice President/Programs and Awards Committee Chair with any questions at: email@example.com
Nominator must send a photo of the nominee (in JPEG format and nominee’s name as file name) to Cindy.
Note: Notify your Charter President after you submit the nomination
The Charter Presidents should submit a list of their charter winners and nominees to Cindy Matteoni by January 21, 2019
|January 17, 2019|
|Region 6 Nomination Committee meets to review applications and select Region winners||TBD|
|ACSA State deadline for applications||February 17, 2019|
|ACSA Region 6 Awards Dinner
All Region VI nominees and winners will be honored.
Casa Real at Ruby Hills Winery
410 Vineyard Ave., Pleasanton, CA
|June 20, 2019|
Congratulations to the 2018 Region 6 Administrators of the Year!
- Superintendent, Janet Schulze, Pittsburg USD
- Secondary Principal, Paul Mansingh, West Contra Costa USD
- Middle Grades Principal, Sheryl Sweeney, Dublin USD
- Elementary Principal, Lorianne Ventura, Dublin USD
- Central Office Administrator, Julio Franco, West Contra Costa USD
- Secondary Co-Administrator, Jennifer Friesen, Pleasanton USD
- Elementary Co-Administrator, Kristen Candaux, Dublin USD
- Classified Leader, Jackie Carvajal, Antioch USD
- Confidential Employee, Aimee Cayere, Castro Valley USD
- Personnel Human Resources Administrator, Cheryl Cotton, West Contra Costa USD
- Adult Education Administrator, Beth Cutter, Pleasanton USD
- Special Education Administrator, Kevin Nazario, West Contra Costa USD
- Business Services Administrator, Micaela Ochoa, Pleasanton USD
- Pupil Personnel Administrator, Rinda Bartley, Castro Valley Unified District
- Curriculum & Instruction Administrator, Michael Bowen, Brentwood
- Continuation/Ed Options Administrator, Ilene Foster, Liberty UHSD
- Technology Administrator, Todd Airola, Liberty UHSD
- Valuing Diversity Award, Tracie Noriega, New Haven USD
- Partners in Educational Excellence Award, Big Break Visitor Center – East Bay Regional Parks District