Each year members Region 6 nominates exemplary individuals for numerous awards ACSA sponsors. These awards recognize individuals and bring distinction to the individual’s school/district. For more information, visit state ACSA’s About Us page and click on the Awards Program tab.
The 2020 ACSA Award Program is open for nominations. Nomination forms are available on the ACSA Awards Platform. Watch a short demo of the new online platform to find out how you can nominate your colleagues, or read frequently asked questions.
All Charter winners will be recognized at the Leadership Summit Awards Dinner on June 11, 2020. They do not have to be ACSA members; however, Region winners must be ACSA members.
Complete Nomination Packets must be submitted by January 16, 2020 to be considered for Region 6 and State recognition.
- Ferd. Kiesel Distinguished Service Award
- Marcus Foster Memorial Award
- Robert E. Kelly Retiree Award
- Administrators of the Year – nominees are honored in job-alike categories
- Valuing Diversity Award – member whose work in promoting diversity epitomizes ACSA’s mission
- Partners in Educational Excellence – programs and businesses that collaborate to support education
One letter of recommendation must be included with nomination
|Nominations for 2020 program open||August 1, 2019|
|Training at the region level||August 3, 2019|
|Work with Charter President on your Charter’s nomination process. Each charter determines its charter winners submitted to Region 6. Charter winners become Region nominees. Charter Presidents must be notified of all nominations.
Contact Pam Hughes, Vice President/Programs and Awards Committee Chair with any questions at: email@example.com
Nominator must send a photo of the nominee (in JPEG format and nominee’s name as file name) to Pam Hughes.
Charter Presidents should submit a list of their charter winners and nominees to Pam Hughes by January 16, 2020. Note: Online platform closes on this date.
|August 1, 2019 – January 16, 2020|
|Region 6 Nomination Committee meets to review nominations of Charter winners and select Region winners||January 28, 2020|
|ACSA State deadline for Region nominations. Region winners become finalists for State Awards.||February 6, 2020|
|ACSA Region 6 Awards Dinner
All Region 6 nominees and winners will be honored.
Casa Real at Ruby Hills Winery
410 Vineyard Ave., Pleasanton, CA
|June 11, 2020|
Congratulations to the 2020 Region 6 Administrators of the Year!
- Superintendent, Stephanie Anello, Antioch USD
- Secondary Principal, Matt Chamberlain, Martinez USD
- Middle Grades Principal, Lindsay Wisely, Antioch USD
- Elementary Principal, Akilah Byrd, Newark USD
- Central Office Administrator, Leonor Rebosura, Newark USD
- Secondary Co-Administrator, Roxana Mohammed, Livermore Valley JUSD
- Elementary Co-Administrator, Matthew Sloan, West Contra Costa USD
- Classified Leader, Dominic Machi, Mt. Diablo USD
- Confidential Employee, Ann Wehrlie, San Lorenzo USD
- Human Resources Administrator, Melissa Theide, Livermore Valley JUSD
- Adult Education Administrator, Cynthia Paige Endo, Mt. Diablo USD
- Special Education Administrator, Jenny Vargas, Mt. Diablo USD
- Business Services Administrator, Liz Robbins, Liberty UHSD
- Student Services Administrator, Chris Calabrese, Brentwood UESD
- Curriculum & Instruction Administrator, Aida Glimme, Acalanes UHSD
- Continuation/Ed Options Administrator, Julie Calderon, Newark USD
- Technology Administrator, Robyn Odell-Kondo, Alameda USD
- Valuing Diversity Award, Amy McNamara, Acalanes UHSD
- Partners in Educational Excellence Award, CARE Parent Network, Oakley UESD