Retirement Executive Committee
Retirement Charter President
Luanne Duggan, Region 6 Retirement Rep
Barbara Burg, Secretary
Susan Burleson, Treasurer
Evie Groch, Past President
Rose Lock, Region Consultant
Bob Giannini, Region Executive
Luncheons for Region 6 Retirees
We are excited about our three, planned luncheons! All Tuesdays, 10:30 am to 1:15 pm at Faz Restaurant (Sheraton Four Point Hotel in Pleasanton): October 17, February 13, and May 15.
- High School Speech & Debate Presenters (SEE Link … unbelievable talent and excellent speakers … they are awesome) Retired East Bay forensics teacher helped students find their voice through life
- Cultivate Your Cultural Competence through a well-planned interactive program (“Our goal is to increase understanding and empathy for greater compassion in this world” – real conversations about ideas that matter.)
- Hear What Public Schools Might Learn from Charter Schools (Understand the differences and what helps make schools successful)
For more information, contact us.
Report from State ACSA Retirement Committee
A: Purpose: The purpose of the Retirement Committee is to be the bold advocate protecting our retirement benefits.
B: Annual Goals:
- Increase the One Time Death Benefit from CalSTRS from $6163 to include a COLA.
- Increase the Supplemental Maintenance Benefit Account of 85% Benefit to 91%
- Support the Brady Bill HR 711 dealing with Windfall Elimination Provision Provision from Social Security
- ACSA Board Directors Approval to have Committee representation at every CalSTRS Board Meeting (Done)
- Prior committee resolution to get retired ASCA member appointed to the CalSTRS Board (Done)
- Continue to actively support ACSA Ambasador Program (Ongoing)
- Propose an ACSA Society membership for members who note ACSA in their Wills/Trusts
- Create a member use group on google or Yahoo to increase communication