Retirement Executive Committee
Retirement Charter President
Luanne Duggan, Region 6 Retirement Rep
Barbara Burg, Secretary
Susan Burleson, Treasurer
Evie Groch, Past President
Rose Lock, Region Consultant
Bob Giannini, Region Executive
Luncheons for Region 6 Retirees
Suspended until further notice due to current pandemic.
Report from State ACSA Retirement Committee
A: Purpose: The purpose of the Retirement Committee is to be the bold advocate protecting our retirement benefits.
B: Annual Goals:
- Increase the One Time Death Benefit from CalSTRS from $6163 to include a COLA.
- Increase the Supplemental Maintenance Benefit Account of 85% Benefit to 91%
- Support the Brady Bill HR 711 dealing with Windfall Elimination Provision Provision from Social Security
- ACSA Board Directors Approval to have Committee representation at every CalSTRS Board Meeting (Done)
- Prior committee resolution to get retired ASCA member appointed to the CalSTRS Board (Done)
- Continue to actively support ACSA Ambasador Program (Ongoing)
- Propose an ACSA Society membership for members who note ACSA in their Wills/Trusts
- Create a member use group on google or Yahoo to increase communication
Minutes from State Retirement Committee