Welcome to the ACSA Region 6 website, and to the 2016-17 school year. As your Region 6 President for this year, I am honored to represent our region and those who are ACSA members. I am enthusiastic to work with our Executive Director, Bob Giannini, our Regional Consultant, Rose Lock, Past President Janet Haun, President Elect Essence Phillips, along with the rest of the executive committee to serve our membership. I strongly believe in ACSA and the professional development, networking and support the organization provides its membership.
My goal this year is to increase communication, collaboration and professional development to the membership of Region VI which includes Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. I look forward to being able to meet and collaborate with current and potential members of ACSA Region VI and provide resources and support to expand the horizons of individuals in our region through ACSA resources.
Thank you for visiting our website and I hope you have a very successful year.
Steve Collins, ACSA Region 6 President
Congratulations to the Region 6 Administrators of the Year!
- Superintendent, Eric Volta, Liberty Union High School District
- Secondary Principal, Phil Johnson, West Contra Costa Unified District
- Middle Grades Principal, Pat Avilla, Livermore Valley Joint Unified District
- Elementary Principal, Pam Hughes, Newark Unified District
- Central Office Administrator, Odie Douglas, Pleasanton Unified District
- Secondary Co-Administrator, Mistee Guzman, Livermore Valley Joint Unified District
- Classified Leader, Nicole Joyner, West Contra Costa Unified District
- Personnel Human Resources Administrator, Mike Wasilchin, West Contra Costa Unified District
- Adult Education Administrator, Vittoria Abbate, Mt. Diablo Unified District
- Career Technical Education Administrator, Linda Granger, Eden Area Regional Occupational Program
- Special Education Administrator, MaryAnn Frates, Livermore Valley Joint Unified District
- Business Services Administrator, Jackie Kim, West Contra Costa Unified District
- Pupil Personnel Administrator, Rinda Bartley, Castro Valley Unified District
- Curriculum & Instruction Administrator, Sonja Neely-Johnson, West Contra Costa Unified District
- Retired Administrator, Sara Danielson, West Contra Costa Unified District
- Marcus Foster Memorial Award for Administrator Excellence, Mary Boyle, Castro Valley Unified District
- Valuing Diversity Award, Heather Pereira, Pleasanton Unified District
- Partners in Educational Excellence Award, SchoolCARE, Albany Unified District
All these outstanding leaders will be recognized along with all nominees at the Region 6 Awards Dinner on the evening of Thursday, June 15 at our annual conference. Register for the Leadership Summit and/or the Awards Dinner at Eventbrite