ACSA Region 6 represents School Administrators from Alameda and Contra Costa counties. ACSA serves educational leaders in the pursuit of equity and excellence to meet the diverse needs of all California students. Region 6 has local charters that meet regularly to support administrators in our region.
Dear Colleagues of Alameda and Contra Costa Counties:
I am honored to have this opportunity to serve as your ACSA Region 6 President for the 2019-2020 year. I am looking forward to, not only cultivating, but CELEBRATING BOLD AND COURAGEOUS LEADERSHIP of our colleagues who work tirelessly in pursuit of equity and academic excellence for the students for whom we serve. In the midst of all of our duties and responsibilities it is vital that we take time to recognize each other and ourselves and celebrate making progress and reaching our goals along the way.
Our work this year will be guided by the newly adopted ACSA Strategic Plan which will focus on the following areas:
- Member Development & Support
- Advocacy and Influence
- Organizational Development & Sustainability
Throughout the year you, as members of ACSA Region 6, can join in the CELEBRATION! Here’s how:
- Check out our ACSA Region 6 website where you can find links to many of the following activities
- Become a member of State ACSA (if you haven’t already done so)
- Attend a charter event in your district
- Join your local Charter Board
- Sign up for an ACSA Academy
- Recognize a colleague as an Outstanding Administrator
- Attend the ACSA Leadership Summit in San Francisco in November
- Submit a grant request for the ACSA Region 6 Mini-Grant
- Recognize a student at your school and/or in your district who has overcome challenges in order to succeed with the help of teachers and administrators at their school/district
- Attend one of the Region 6 Professional Development opportunities
Our membership is our most effective resource. Please continue to reach out to new administrators in your district and encourage them to join ACSA and get involved. The benefits will last beyond their current role or position and will continue to be a valuable resource in the future. This is how we CELEBRATE BOLD AND COURAGEOUS LEADERSHIP. I look forward to meeting you at Charter, District and Region events throughout the coming year.
Pam VandeKamp, Ed.D.
ACSA Region 6 President
Director of Assessment and Accountability, Pleasanton USD