Administrator of the Year and Special Honors
One of ACSA’s priorities is to ensure that school leaders are recognized for their excellence. Through our annual awards program we honor administrators and community members for their achievements and their dedication to public education.
Awards are given regionally and at a state level depending on the award category. The nomination process is an open process and usually involves the nominee as the primary source of information. The forms are available online, and can be completed and saved electronically. We urge you to participate by giving the materials some thought and taking action to nominate deserving colleagues.
The deadline for submitting nominations to Region 3 is Jan. 14, 2021. Contact Emilie Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530/304-4419 for more information.
Visit state ACSA’s Awards Program page for complete information and a link to the online nomination platform. Here you will also find frequently asked questions, tips for successful nominations, demo videos and other helpful resources.
The Administrator of the Year categories are as follows:
• Secondary Principal
• Middle Grades Principal
• Elementary Principal
• Central Office Administrator (District/County)
• Elementary Co-Administrator
• Secondary Co-Administrator
• Classified Leader
• Confidential Employee
• Personnel/Human Resources Administrator
• Adult Education Administrator
• Career Technical Education Administrator
• Special Education Administrator
• Business Services Administrator
• Pupil Personnel Administrator
• Curriculum and Instruction Administrator
• Continuation/Educational Options Administrator
• Professor of Education
• Retired Administrator (volunteer service to ACSA)
• Technology Administrator
There are also five special awards, three honored at a regional and state level, two at the state level only:
• Ferd. Kiesel Memorial Distinguished Service Award (state level)
• Marcus Foster Memorial Award for Administrator Excellence (state level)
• Robert E. Kelly Award
• Partners in Educational Excellence Award – awarded to an organization or program, not an individual
• Valuing Diversity Award