ACSA Region 5 consists of San Francisco and San Mateo counties on the San Francisco Peninsula.
It serves 25 districts, including San Francisco USD, the top performing large urban school district in California, and more than 300 schools educating 158,000 students.
Mission of ACSA
The Association of California School Administrators is the driving force for an equitable, world-class education system, and the development and support of inspired educational leaders who meet the diverse needs of all California students.
An educational leader is someone who:
- Puts students first and advocates on their behalf
- Sees the potential in all individuals through the lens of equity and the belief in the power of diversity
- Draws upon the passion and talent of others to develop a share vision for education
- Builds strong consensus and a commitment to action
- Is principled and authentic
- Is bold and influential
- Is driven to turn possibility into reality
- Inspires other by nourishing the mind and the heart
- Understands that it is a primary responsibility of leadership to cultivate and promote other leaders