ACSA’s effectiveness in shaping education policy lies in its grassroots strength. To that end, ACSA is structured with issue-focused committees and job-alike councils made up of education leaders. Region XI still has four openings on state committees/councils next year:
- CAPEA Committee
- Classified Education Leaders Council
- Co-Administration Committee
- Education Options Committee
Go to acsa.org/About-Us/committees-councils to view descriptions of each council or committee and contact information to learn more.
The expectations of a representative to a state council or committee are:
- Attend all state committee meetings, or send an alternate.
- Prepare a written/oral report to be presented at the first region board meeting/region leadership assembly following each state meeting
- Submit a summary of committee/council actions to the Director of Communications for publication in the region newsletter.
- Establish and coordinate region committee/council meetings, as needed.
- Maintain regular communications/networking with your job-alike colleagues regarding activities of your state meetings.
- Attend region planning retreat and/or orientation workshop.
If interested, complete the nomination form, https://bit.ly/CommCounNomForm and return it to Rodney Brumit, . Nominations will be accepted until positions are filled.
Questions: Contact Rodney Brumit, .