Each year Region XI sponsors a scholarship program for graduating high school seniors who are children of ACSA Region XI members. This year Region XI will award at least fifteen (15) $1,000 scholarships, three from each charter. If you have a qualifying high school senior in your family, please pass this information on to them.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:

The applicant:

1. Must be the child or under the legal guardianship of an ACSA Region XI member.
  2. Must be a graduating high school senior in the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
  3. Must have a 2.5 minimum grade point average for the seven semesters prior to the application deadline.

CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
The applicant will be considered using the following criteria:

1. Grade point average and courses completed.
  2. In-school and out-of-school participation in leadership and community activities.
  3. Plans for college and future career.

PROCEDURE:

1. Submit a completed application to the local charter.
  2. The completed application should consist of:
    a) The application form filled out completely
    b) Transcript in a sealed envelope and a listing (on application) of the Spring courses currently in progress
    c) Three (3) sealed letters of recommendation from:
    1. The applicant’s high school counselor
    2. A high school teacher
    3. An advisor for a school, community, or church group
  3. The scholarship committee will meet and select two recipients from each charter. If there are not two eligible applicants from any charter, that/those scholarship(s) will be awarded to an applicant from another charter.
  4. Each applicant will be notified of selection.
  5. Announcement of the scholarship recipients will be communicated to local charters, the press and high school.
  6. The money will be disbursed upon proof of college registration.

Applications are submitted to your charter, who will award scholarships, then forward their top applicants’ names to the region for additional scholarship opportunities.
Application processes and deadlines to the charters vary. Please see below for contacts and/or applications and due dates for your charter:

EAST KERN

Dr. Steven Martinez
760-379-3651

INYO/MONO

Dr. Rosanne Lampariello
760-878-2405

KINGS

Bobby Peters
559-469-6608

TULARE

Dr. Fernie Marroquin
559-733-6312

WEST KERN

Leslie Garrison
(661) 589-3830