Each year Region XI sponsors a scholarship program for graduating high school seniors who are children of ACSA Region XI members. This year Region XI will award at least fifteen (15) $1,000 scholarships, three from each charter. If you have a qualifying high school senior in your family, please pass this information on to them.
- Must be the child or under the legal guardianship of an ACSA Region XI member.
- Must be a graduating high school senior in the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Must have a 2.5 minimum grade point average for the seven semesters prior to the application deadline.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
The applicant will be considered using the following criteria:
- Grade point average and courses completed.
- In-school and out-of-school participation in leadership and community activities.
- Plans for college and future career.
- Submit a completed application to the local charter.
- The completed application should consist of:
a) The application form filled out completely
b) Transcript in a sealed envelope and a listing (on application) of the Spring courses currently in progress
c) Three (3) sealed letters of recommendation from:
1. The applicant’s high school counselor
2. A high school teacher
3. An advisor for a school, community, or church group
- The scholarship committee will meet and select two recipients from each charter. If there are not two eligible applicants from any charter, that/those scholarship(s) will be awarded to an applicant from another charter.
- Each applicant will be notified of selection.
- Announcement of the scholarship recipients will be communicated to local charters, the press and high school.
- The money will be disbursed upon proof of college registration.
Contact your local Charter for application and submission information.
MORE INFO FOR 2021-2022
Region XI and its five charters offer scholarships to graduating seniors who are the children of ACSA members. This year, as part of ACSA’s 50th Anniversary Celebration, the region has decided to increase the value of the scholarships to $1,000 each and to grant additional money to each charter, so they may do the same.
Applications are submitted to your charter, who will award scholarships, then forward their top applicants’ names to the region for additional scholarship opportunities. Region XI will be giving out 15 $1,000 scholarships.
Application processes and deadlines to the charters vary. Please see below for contacts and/or applications and due dates for your charter:
Dr. Rosanne Lampariello
Due date: Friday, Feb. 25, 2022
Greg Henry Memorial Scholarship
Due date: Friday, April 22, 2022
Due date: Friday, Mar. 4, 2022
Dr. Fernie Marroquin
Due date: Friday, Feb. 4, 2022