I would like to take this opportunity to personally encourage you to join our professional organization, Association of California School Administrators (ACSA), which positively impacts students, staff and administrators in California.
ACSA is the professional organization of administrators/managers at all levels of school management in the state’s 1,000 school districts and 58 county offices of education. With a membership of over 16,000, ACSA is a major stakeholder and key player in shaping educational policy and finance at the state and federal levels.
ACSA provides you with an effective professional network, exceptional membership benefits which save you money, numerous professional development opportunities, on-the-job assistance including legal counsel, timely and practical information, and a chance for your voice to be heard. You may want to visit the ACSA website at www.acsa.org.
As an organization ACSA is focusing its energy in six strategic directions to:
- Create a coalition of leaders to develop the agenda for education in the 21st century.
- Establish mechanisms for effective political activism.
- Develop leaders who will transform education to accomplish the agenda for the 21st century.
- Build awareness throughout our society that engenders support for education.
- Structure the entire organization and align our services to support our mission.
After many years of ACSA membership, I can tell you that the many benefits and services to members more than offset the dues. Applications are available from the ACSA State Web site http://www.acsa.org/Join.
Dr. Erika Tejeda
Vice President, Membership