I would like to take this opportunity to personally encourage you to join our professional organization, Association of California School Administrators (ACSA), which positively impacts students, staff and administrators in California.
ACSA is the professional organization of administrators/managers at all levels of school management in the state’s 1,000 school districts and 58 county offices of education. With a membership of over 16,000, ACSA is a major stakeholder and key player in shaping educational policy and finance at the state and federal levels.
ACSA provides you with an effective professional network, exceptional membership benefits which save you money, numerous professional development opportunities, on-the-job assistance including legal counsel, timely and practical information, and a chance for your voice to be heard. You may want to visit the ACSA website at www.acsa.org.
As an organization, ACSA’s Strategic Plan framework for 2023-2025 is focusing on the following long-term goals and objectives:
- Goal: Member Development and Support
- Objective 1: To provide accessible, relevant opportunities for professional learning and leadership development through which members can acquire, apply and demonstrate new knowledge, as well as expand career pathways.
- Objective 2: To drive professional excellence as the members’ first source for timely, comprehensive information on professional trends, issues, practices and resources.
- Objective 3: To be a dynamic professional community of educational leaders who collaborate and contribute their experience and expertise to support each other’s professional growth.
- Goal: Advocacy and Influence
- Objective 4: To shape policy for a world-class, fully funded education system and improved outcomes for all students by aligning the collective influence of members at the local, state and federal levels.
- Objective 5: To be a leader, credible voice, and trusted partner in addressing the issues impacting the diverse needs of students and the administrators that support them.
- Goal: Organizational Development and Sustainability
- Objective 6: To optimize ACSA structure, human and financial resources, and impact through shared vision, leadership, stewardship and accountability at all levels of the Association.
For more information regarding the ACSA Strategic Plan and Framework, visit https://www.acsa.org/Strategic-Plan
After many years of ACSA membership, I can tell you that the many benefits and services to members more than offset the dues. Applications to join are available at http://www.acsa.org/Join.
Dr. Casaundra McNair
Vice President, Membership