Each year Region XI sponsors a scholarship program for graduating high school seniors who are children of Region XI ACSA members. This year Region XI will award a total of eight (8) $500 scholarships, one from each Charter within this Region and three (3) at-large in the Region. If you have a qualifying high school senior in your family, please pass this information on to them.
- Must be the child or under the legal guardianship of a Region XI ACSA member.
- Must be a graduating high school senior in the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Must have a 2.5 minimum grade point average for the seven semesters prior to the application deadline.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
The applicant will be considered using the following criteria:
- Grade point average and courses completed.
- In-school and out-of-school participation in leadership and community activities.
- Plans for college and future career.
- Submit a completed application to the local charter.
- The completed application should consist of:
a) The application form filled out completely
b) Transcript in a sealed envelope and a listing (on application) of the Spring courses currently in progress
c) Three (3) sealed letters of recommendation from:
1. The applicant’s high school counselor
2. A high school teacher
3. An advisor for a school, community, or church group
- The scholarship committee will meet and select one recipient from each charter plus three at-large recipients. If there are no eligible applicants from one charter, that scholarship may be awarded to another charter applicant.
- Each applicant will be notified of selection.
- Announcement of the scholarship recipients will be communicated to local charters, the press and high school.
- The money will be disbursed upon proof of college registration.
Contact your local Charter for application and submission information.