The Association of California School Administrators is the driving force for an equitable, world-class education system, and the development and support of inspired educational leaders who meet the diverse needs of all California students.
The mission of the Association of California School Administrators, the driving force of education in California and beyond, is to ensure the creation of communities of learning and teaching that serve both the aspirations of individual students and the greater good of society, through this unique and indispensable coalition distinguished by:
- bold and authoritative advocacy;
- dedication to the highest personal and professional ethics;
- inspirational networks of discovery and sharing of knowledge;
- mutual commitment to excellence; and
- universal accessibility to learning.
We will practice collaborative* decision-making throughout the organization.
Our focus will be public education.
We will offer services and products that are unique and extraordinary.
We will expect the best from each individual.
We will not respond to conditions as if they were causes.
*to be defined operationally
Local educational agencies have the resources and the freedom to meet the unique needs of their learning communities.
Every educational community is led by exemplary, inspirational educators who are compelled to create innovative, rich and accessible learning environments.
We are the consummate authority and prevailing influence on education policy.
We believe that:
- an educated citizenry is essential to democracy
- dreams inspire potential
- every person deserves respect
- personal dignity is a human right
- we are all responsible for each other
- diversity strengthens community
- human virtues demand advocacy
- every person has a right to unrestricted opportunity
- each person has unlimited capacity
- every person thrives to the degree that he or she builds trusting relationships
- transformative change requires the courage to take risks
- learning never ends
- where we come from does not dictate how far we go
- every individual has the power to effect immeasurable good
- strong families are vital to society