ACSA Annual Award Program
Each year, ACSA recognizes a select group of individuals for their significant contributions to education through three prestigious awards named in memory of past ACSA leaders:
- Ferd. Kiesel Distinguished Service Award
- Marcus Foster Memorial Award
- Robert E. Kelly Award
In addition, members are honored for outstanding performance and achievement as Administrators of the Year in various job-alike categories. The Valuing Diversity Award is given to the member whose efforts to promote diversity epitomize ACSA’s mission statement.
Programs and businesses that collaborate with administrators in support of education are also recognized though the Partners in Educational Excellence Award.
Students of all grade levels are recognized through the Every Student Succeeding Program, designed to honor students who have succeeded against all odds. Awards will be presented at ACSA’s 2024 Leadership Summit
• The deadline for submission of all nominations to ACSA will be January 18, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. through the online awards platform.
• The deadline for regions to submit finalists to the state will be February 8, 2024 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Get Help
With questions or for assistance, contact:
Emily Agpoon, ACSA Awards Program
The awards program takes place over a calendar year, beginning in August:
• Aug.1: The nomination period opens.
• Jan. 18, 2024: Nominations are due to each region through the online platform. Regions select their recipients and state finalists.
• Jan. 19, 2024 Region 2 Awards Committee comprised of charter presidents and region executive board members will meet to review those nominations submitted for our region
• Week of Jan. 15th – Nominators will be notified if their nomination was selected to be forwarded for state review and possible selection
• Feb. 8, 2024: State finalist selections are due to state ACSA [submitted by region award manager(s).
• March: Every Student Succeeding honorees are submitted to state ACSA.
• April: The Awards Committee meets to select state recipients and the recipients are approved by the Board. Recipients for that year are announced.
• June to November: Recipients are featured in EdCal stories and online.
• Nov. 2024 Recipients are honored at the Leadership Summit Awards Ceremony and ESS recognition event.
Do not put off this important recognition opportunity for our colleagues.
Administrator of the Year Nomination Portal (create an account and enter your nominee information
2024 Region 2 AOY Nomination form Final fill-in (use for charter and region nominations) as instructed above 2024 Region 2 AOY Nomination form Final fill-in
Resources Now Available
Resources for the 2024 program are now available on the Awards Program website at www.acsa.org/awards under the Help & Resources tab:
If you have any questions, please contact:
Judy Bennett, Region 2 Consultant
(530) 680-0357 or email