ACSA Annual Award Program
State, Region and Charter ACSA members may be nominated to be honored for outstanding performance and achievement as Administrators of the Year in various job-alike categories. Awards recognize outstanding performance and achievement by individual administrators, classified managers or confidential employees. Charters begin the process by nominating and recognizing individuals at the charter level. Awardees selected at the Charter level may be forwarded for regional recognition. Region nominees and award winners are recognized at the Annual Region 2 Gala. Selected regional awardees may be forwarded to state ACSA for state recognition.
Region 2 also has its own “Region 2 Sam LaCara Administrator of the Year” award winner which is separate from ACSA. This can be any administrator at any level.
All nominations for ACSA Administrator of the Year Awards and Special Awards will be submitted through the online submission website. Nominators from every region will use a single portal to nominate their colleagues for the following ACSA Awards:
- Administrators of the Year in 21 job-alike categories
- Marcus Foster Award for Administrator Excellence (statewide award)
- Ferd. Kiesel Memorial Distinguished Service Award (statewide award)
- Partners in Educational Excellence Award
- Robert E. Kelly Award
- Valuing Diversity Award
How will nominations work?
Nominators will have an account on the new platform, where they can create new entries, edit existing entries, upload supporting documents and submit their nominations, using either a desktop or mobile devices. There will be no limit to how many entries a nominator can create in each award category, and they can continue to make changes to entries even after submitting the nomination (up until the region deadline). All nomination forms will continue to be aligned with the state bylaws for that award, with only the appropriate fields and instructions appearing for each category.
- Create an account at www.acsa.org/awards. Start a nomination (entry). Complete the Basic Information and Nominee Information. Include a letter or support document describing in 3-4 sentences “your reason for nominating this candidates” and “what makes the candidate unique” in the supporting documents tab. You do not have to complete the total nomination form at this time. The region award managers and award committee will review all nominations and select those to be completed and forwarded for state consideration on November 30.
- The submission date for Region awards has been changed to November 30. Sean Martin and Judy Bennett are the Award Managers for Region 2. They will download and share all preliminary nominations prior to the December meeting and bring them to the meeting for review by the Award Committee comprised of the charter presidents or their designee.
- Charter presidents and the Region Past President will meet on December 7 to select the Region winners and recommend nominations to go forward for state consideration. Those suggested for forwarding to the state will complete the total state AOY form
- January 4 the Award Committee will meet again (if necessary) to finalize the nominations to move forward to the state. Please ensure that your applications are typed and follow the correct instructions regarding limits on the number of pages, etc. It is expected that applications will be high quality, fully completed applications. The Region 2 deadline for state AOY consideration is December 31.
Do not put off this important recognition opportunity for our colleagues.
2019 Region 2 Admin. of the Year form (use for charter and region nominations) as instructed above)
Every Student Succeeding Nomination form (see overview for additional information)
2019 Region 2 AOY Nomination form Final fill-in [2019 Region 2 AOY Nomination form Final]
Administrator of the Year Nomination Portal (create an account and enter your nominee information
If you have any questions, please contact:
Judy Bennett, Region 2 Secretary
(530) 282-5331/(530) 533-8443 or email email@example.com
Email: Sean Martin