ACSA Legislative Action Day Information is Here!
Legislative Action Day (LAD) is on April 19-20, 2020. LAD is a great opportunity for administrators to take action and speak to our state representatives about the issues and concerns that are important to us. We encourage all VPLAs from our Region 14 Charters to attend so that your voice can be heard!
If you have never attended and want more information about what the event entails, you can click here. Also, please feel free to email Justine Lang directly with any questions you may have. More than anything, this is a chance to tell your story to the decision-makers in Sacramento and really make a difference alongside your colleagues from the Region.
This year, Region 14 will pay for one ACSA member from each charter to attend (can be the VPLA, President, or other interested member). We also encourage Charters to consider sending as many representatives as they would like, so that the work of ACSA can be experienced first hand. In fact, this is a great way for someone who is not a current member to see the value of ACSA and decide to join.
As your Region 14 VPLA, Justine will be coordinating our Region activities and making appointments to visit with the state representatives to discuss our ACSA Talking Points. In order to stay organized as a Region, we ask that you complete the form below if you are planning to attend. We will then register our whole Region together so that it will be easier to keep track of who is attending from Region 14.
Schedule, Travel and Accommodations
Sunday, April 19
12:30 – 2:00 pm – Registration
2:00 pm – Program Begins including Friend of Public Education Award Presentation
5:30 pm – Region 14 Dinner at Cafeteria 15L (paid for by the Region)
Monday, April 20
7:00 – 8:00 am – Breakfast Buffet
8:00 – 9:00 am – Advocacy Tips and Information for all Participants
9:00 – 4:00 pm – Meetings with State Representatives (we try to schedule at least 2 per attendee)
4:30 – 6:30 pm – Legislative Action Day Reception
– Please use the schedule above to help you book appropriate flights in/out of Sacramento.
– Allow 45 minutes of travel time to and from the Sacramento airport.
– Please plan to carpool or book a Super Shuttle for airport transfer.
– Sheraton Grand Sacramento
– A block of rooms has been reserved at the Sheraton with a rate of $169 per night.
– Request to use the Sheraton room block link to reserve your room as soon as you have registered for the event. This room block usually sells out fairly quickly and is the only hotel through which an ACSA room block is secured. Rooms are available until March 27th or until the block is sold out. If the room block sells out, you may want to consider looking at the Hyatt Regency which is located right across the street from both the Sheraton and the Capitol.
Please feel free to contact Justine should you have any questions. We will continue to send out information to those who register to attend. Look forward to seeing you all in Sacramento!
Vice President of Legislative Action