- Secondary Principal
- Middle Grades Principal
- Elementary Principal
- Central Office Administrator (District/County)
- Elementary Co-Administrator
- Secondary Co-Administrator
- Classified Manager
- Confidential Employee
- Personnel/Human Resources Administrator
- Adult Education Administrator
- Career Technical Education Administrator
- Special Education Administrator
- Business Services Administrator
- Pupil Personnel Administrator
- Curriculum and Instruction Administrator
- Continuation/Educational Options Administrator
- Professor of Education
- Retired Administrator (volunteer service)
- Technology Administrator
Eligibility. Recipients must be active ACSA members who show strong support for the school management team; exceptional leadership in managing school programs; commitment to educational quality and student achievement; commitment to professional growth; and creativity and innovation in dealing with issues and problems facing public education. Current ACSA employees and ACSA board members are not eligible to receive these awards.
Nomination Process. Nominations for Administrator of the Year awards must be made through the nominee’s region. Information and nomination forms online can be found at www.acsa.org/awards.
Each region convenes an awards committee to review all nominations. The region president forwards the region’s nominee in each category to the state Awards Committee for consideration.
After reviewing all nominations, the state Awards Committee recommends one nominee in each category to the state Board of Directors, which makes the final selection. Recipients are honored at ACSA’s Leadership Summit in November.
Deadline. This year’s submission deadline for Region 14 was Thursday, January 16, 2020 through the new online awards platform.
RoseEllen Shea (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Emily Senecal, State Awards Committee Liason
1029 J Street, Suite 500
Sacramento, CA 95814
916.329.3833 – fax 916.290.0385 – email email@example.com