A message from Rocio Muñoz,
President, ACSA Region 11

Welcome back to the 2021-2022 school year and ACSA Region 11, taking on another year where administrators continue to shine as they face continued challenges resulting from the impacts of the pandemic.

Region 11 represents such a diverse group of districts located in Inyo/Mono, Kern, Kings, as well as, Tulare counties. The challenge of addressing the academic and social-emotional needs of students is something common to all districts across these areas.

As administrators we have witnessed first-hand how caring, compassionate, and dedicated individuals have ensured that the needs of students and families in our communities were met during school closures and they equally met the challenge of providing quality distance learning instruction.

In the new year, we face more challenges as we bring students back to school in-person and continue to provide virtual learning for families who just aren’t ready to make the transition.

I am honored to be this year’s President for Region 11 and being able to work alongside a team of administrators who have developed innovative programs and systems to support families, teachers, staff, and at times the entire community.

ACSA is about educational leaders who put students first and are always ready to advocate. Leaders who see the potential in everyone and can draw upon the passion, talent, boldness, mind and heart of others to continue to build future leaders whose inspiration will cultivate and promote leaders for generations to come.

2021-2022 will bring new challenges, but Region 11 will continue to focus on students and is committed to supporting and building the capacity of educational leaders through professional learning, membership, and advocacy.

Professional learning that will help students reconnect with school, accelerate student learning delayed as a result of the pandemic, and promote the sharing of ideas and best practices across the region.

We will continue to recruit members who will be positive role models and mentors for future administrators that believe in the mission of advocating for practices that always have the best interest for students in our schools.

Thank you to all administrators who continue to be present  every day, facing new challenges head on, and building cohesive teams to keep our schools open in our communities.

Rocio Muñoz
President
ACSA Region XI
Executive Director, State and Federal Programs
Bakersfield City School District
(661) 619-3087